[yocto] Force recipe to provide specific file

Nicolas Dechesne nicolas.dechesne at linaro.org
Tue Aug 12 06:04:46 PDT 2014

On Tue, Aug 12, 2014 at 2:58 PM, Richard Leitner
<richard.leitner at skidata.com> wrote:

> I've also tried the following in my ghostscript bbappend, but it does not
> work. Shouldn't [1] work this way?
>
> FILES_${PN}-cups_remove = "${exec_prefix}/lib/cups/filter/gstopxl"
> FILES_${PN}-cups_remove = "${exec_prefix}/lib/cups/filter/gstoraster"

the packaging step is using regexp to get the file list to include in
the package. so it's unlikely that this pattern will be in FILES. it
might be worth printing the value of FILES with bitbake -e..

but anyways, a simpler way to so the same thing would be do have a
do_install_append() function and remove the files from ${D}. that
would in turns have the same effect as what you are trying to do here
i believe.