[yocto] Force recipe to provide specific file

Richard Leitner richard.leitner at skidata.com
Tue Aug 12 06:52:43 PDT 2014

Hi,

On Tue, 12 Aug 2014 15:04:46 +0200
Nicolas Dechesne <nicolas.dechesne at linaro.org> wrote:

> On Tue, Aug 12, 2014 at 2:58 PM, Richard Leitner
> <richard.leitner at skidata.com> wrote:
> >
> > I've also tried the following in my ghostscript bbappend, but it does not
> > work. Shouldn't [1] work this way?
> >
> > FILES_${PN}-cups_remove = "${exec_prefix}/lib/cups/filter/gstopxl"
> > FILES_${PN}-cups_remove = "${exec_prefix}/lib/cups/filter/gstoraster"
>
> the packaging step is using regexp to get the file list to include in
> the package. so it's unlikely that this pattern will be in FILES. it
> might be worth printing the value of FILES with bitbake -e..

I've copied the file paths from the ghostscript recipe, so they should match.

They occur in FILES when i run bitbake -e ghostscript:
FILES_ghostscript-cups=" /usr/lib/cups/filter/gstoraster /usr/lib/cups/filter/gstopxl /usr/share/cups /etc/cups"

For some strange reasons it works when I substitute the variable and use:
FILES_${PN}-cups_remove = "/usr/lib/cups/filter/gstoraster"
FILES_${PN}-cups_remove = "/usr/lib/cups/filter/gstopxl"

Can anyone explain why? :-)

> but anyways, a simpler way to so the same thing would be do have a
> do_install_append() function and remove the files from ${D}. that
> would in turns have the same effect as what you are trying to do here
> i believe.

Yeah, this works, this is the way I'm currently doing it as I already mentioned
earlier.
But is this really a clean way?

What happens for example if do_install_append is already defined in the recipe?

thanks & regards,
richard