[yocto] Force recipe to provide specific file

Richard Leitner richard.leitner at skidata.com
Tue Aug 12 05:58:57 PDT 2014

Hi,
thanks for your answer!

On Tue, 12 Aug 2014 08:27:46 -0400
"Robert P. J. Day" <rpjday at crashcourse.ca> wrote:

> On Tue, 12 Aug 2014, Richard Leitner wrote:
>

> > WARNING: The recipe ghostscript is trying to install files into a shared area
> > when those files already exist. Those files and their manifest location are:
> >    /opt/yocto/poky/build_2.2/tmp/sysroots/board/usr/lib/cups/filter/gstopxl
> >    Matched in manifest-board-cups-filters.populate_sysroot
> >    /opt/yocto/poky/build_2.2/tmp/sysroots/board/usr/lib/cups/filter/gstoraster
> >    Matched in manifest-board-cups-filters.populate_sysroot
> > Please verify which package should provide the above files.
> >
> > The only solution which came to my mind is to remove the file from the original
> > recipe using a bbappend, but I think this isn't a really "clean" way.
> >
> > Does anybody have another/better idea how to solve this "problem"?
>
>   why not just provide a .bbappend file and an overriding file?

Do you mean that I should integrate my version of the files into the
ghostscript package?
This is what I want to avoid because all cups-filters should reside in the
cups-filters package.

I've also tried the following in my ghostscript bbappend, but it does not
work. Shouldn't [1] work this way?

FILES_${PN}-cups_remove = "${exec_prefix}/lib/cups/filter/gstopxl"
FILES_${PN}-cups_remove = "${exec_prefix}/lib/cups/filter/gstoraster"

thanks & regards,
richard

[1] https://www.yoctoproject.org/docs/1.6/bitbake-user-manual/bitbake-user-manual.html#removing-override-style-syntax