[yocto] [meta-mono] Xaramarin no longer providing mono-tools

Alex J Lennon ajlennon at dynamicdevices.co.uk
Sat Sep 21 01:31:32 PDT 2013

Hi,

I'm about to start testing the meta-mono layer with Yocto on the
Freescale i.MX6 Sabre board.

I'll feed-back my results testing some simple command line and Windows
Forms applications
for the readme, assuming this hasn't already been done.

As I setup for this I see that Xamarin are no longer providing
mono-tools, which is unfortunate
as I can't see a way to develop and debug within Visual Studio, whilst
targetting a an application
running on Mono/Embedded Linux. Their replacement "Xamarin Studio" seems
to be targetted
at Android and iOS only.

Is anybody aware of a way to develop/debug on Mono/Yocto with Visual
Studio with the new
Xamarin plugin?

If not, does anybody happen to have an archived copy of the Mono Tools
plugin they could
make available to me? (I have a license from Xamarin for this, just need
the executable)

Many thanks,

Alex Lennon
Director