[yocto] Add new module to recipe + meta-toolchain-qt: add gdb

jfc jose.ferreiro at horus.es
Wed Sep 11 03:20:01 PDT 2013

Philipp Wagner <lists at ...> writes:

> Hi Jose,

> To do that, just start a new console, do *not* source the
> /opt/poky/1.4.2/environment-* file. This should give you an empty
> PYTHONHOME variable and an unmodified PATH, so you can just use the
> regular tools on the desktop.
>
> Philipp

Hello Philipp

That works. But then we have to use a qtcreator.sh with the poky PYTHOHOME
to debug Target and another qtcreator2.sh without it to debug Desktop.

There is another workaround also: we can add to the
QTCreator-Project-Options-Desktop-Environment a new PYTHONHOME value and it
seems to have preference over the environment.sh value. This is to be done
for every project.

However we are new to Yocto and have problems finding and understanding
things. For example this gdb/pythons thing:
  Why python is recompiled and created on /opt/poky sdk environment?
  Why not use host python?
  What are the steps to create gdb (or any other utlity) on the sdk
directory  (/opt/poky/..)?
  Where is the python recipe to introduce it in host sdk to follow as an
example?

Thanks and best regards.