[yocto] Add new module to recipe + meta-toolchain-qt: add gdb

Philipp Wagner lists at philipp-wagner.com
Tue Sep 10 12:16:16 PDT 2013

Hi Jose,

Am 10.09.2013 19:26, Jose Mª Ferreiro wrote:
> We expect/want to have a gdb compiled for the host machine at
> /opt/poky/1.4.2/sysroots/i686-pokysdk-linux/usr/bin/
>
> QT Desktop mode is starting /usr/bin/gdb but using the /opt/poky...
> directory as PYTHONHOME. We think if we have our
> /opt/poky/../usr/bin/gdb and we tell QT to use it, it will avoid ths
> sys.lib conflict.

To debug your desktop application, why do you want to use any of the
tools from the SDK? You can just use the system's tools (e.g.
/usr/bin/python with no PYTHONHOME set)?

To do that, just start a new console, do *not* source the
/opt/poky/1.4.2/environment-* file. This should give you an empty
PYTHONHOME variable and an unmodified PATH, so you can just use the
regular tools on the desktop.

Philipp