[yocto] lmsensors

Burton, Ross ross.burton at intel.com
Tue May 14 02:58:25 PDT 2013

On 14 May 2013 10:21, Satya Swaroop Damarla <swaroop.damarla at gmail.com> wrote:
> bitbake lmsensors  works perfectly but when I add the package into the
> rootfs I get the following error
>
>  Package lmsensors-config is not available, but is referred to by another
> package.
> | This may mean that the package is missing, has been obsoleted, or
> | is only available from another source
> |
> | Package lmsensors is not available, but is referred to by another package.
> | This may mean that the package is missing, has been obsoleted, or
> | is only available from another source
> |
> | E: Package 'lmsensors-config' has no installation candidate
> | E: Package 'lmsensors' has no installation candidate

Presumably it's your image recipe that is referring to "lmsensors" and
"lmsensors-config".  This is saying that those packages don't exist.
Have a look in the work directory for lmsensors
(tmp/work/[machine]/lmsensors/[version]/deploy-*) and you'll see the
list of packages that have been built.

Ross