[yocto] lmsensors

Paul Eggleton paul.eggleton at linux.intel.com
Tue May 14 03:44:00 PDT 2013

On Tuesday 14 May 2013 11:21:49 Satya Swaroop Damarla wrote:
> It has been a month I have been fighting with installing the package
> "lmsensors" and had no success till today.... I would really appreciate
> much help....
>
> The background goes like this..
>
> *bitbake lmsensors * works perfectly but when I add the package into the
> rootfs I get the following error
>
> * Package lmsensors-config is not available, but is referred to by another
> package.*
> *| This may mean that the package is missing, has been obsoleted, or*
> *| is only available from another source*
> *| *
> *| Package lmsensors is not available, but is referred to by another
> package.*
> *| This may mean that the package is missing, has been obsoleted, or*
> *| is only available from another source*
> *| *
> *| E: Package 'lmsensors-config' has no installation candidate*
> *| E: Package 'lmsensors' has no installation candidate*
> *| ERROR: Function failed: do_rootfs (see
> /home/damarla/yocto/poky/buildSkidataHarmony/tmp/work/skidata_harmony-poky-l
> inux-gnueabi/core-image-skidata/1.0-r0/temp/log.do_rootfs.29976 for further
> information)*
> *ERROR: Task 7 (/home/damarla/yocto/poky/meta/recipes-graphics/images/
> core-image-skidata.bb, do_rootfs) failed with exit code '1'*
> *NOTE: Tasks Summary: Attempted 5210 tasks of which 4529 didn't need to be
> rerun and 1 failed.*
> *No currently running tasks (5210 of 5211)*
> *
> *

Looking at the output of building the current lmsensors recipe in meta-oe
master, the main "lmsensors" package is actually empty and thus is not
produced; this is a bit annoying and should probably be fixed. However what I
think you're supposed to do is instead install the components of lmsensors
that you actually need. If you look at packages-split in the lmsensors work
directory (or the lmsensors* packages in tmp/deploy/ipk) you'll see it
produces the following, ignoring dbg/dev/doc/staticdev packages:

lmsensors-fancontrol
lmsensors-libsensors
lmsensors-pwmconfig
lmsensors-sensord
lmsensors-sensors
lmsensors-sensorsconfconvert
lmsensors-sensorsdetect

So I would suggest adding those of the above list that you need to your image
instead of "lmsensors".

Cheers,
Paul

--