[yocto] lmsensors

Satya Swaroop Damarla swaroop.damarla at gmail.com
Tue May 14 02:21:49 PDT 2013

Hi Guys,

It has been a month I have been fighting with installing the package
"lmsensors" and had no success till today.... I would really appreciate
much help....

The background goes like this..

*bitbake lmsensors * works perfectly but when I add the package into the
rootfs I get the following error

* Package lmsensors-config is not available, but is referred to by another
package.*
*| This may mean that the package is missing, has been obsoleted, or*
*| is only available from another source*
*| *
*| Package lmsensors is not available, but is referred to by another
package.*
*| This may mean that the package is missing, has been obsoleted, or*
*| is only available from another source*
*| *
*| E: Package 'lmsensors-config' has no installation candidate*
*| E: Package 'lmsensors' has no installation candidate*
*| ERROR: Function failed: do_rootfs (see
/home/damarla/yocto/poky/buildSkidataHarmony/tmp/work/skidata_harmony-poky-linux-gnueabi/core-image-skidata/1.0-r0/temp/log.do_rootfs.29976
for further information)*
*ERROR: Task 7 (/home/damarla/yocto/poky/meta/recipes-graphics/images/
core-image-skidata.bb, do_rootfs) failed with exit code '1'*
*NOTE: Tasks Summary: Attempted 5210 tasks of which 4529 didn't need to be
rerun and 1 failed.*
*No currently running tasks (5210 of 5211)*
*
*
*
*
I would really need help in this issue as this ends my basic play with
creating a image for NVIDIA tegra board

Greets,
Satya