[yocto] Antwort: Re: Confused which layers are needed for meta-intel/meta-crownbay

Felix01 Fischer felix01.fischer at iav.de
Tue May 14 02:34:38 PDT 2013

> Hi Felix,
>
> On Tuesday 14 May 2013 09:22:53 Felix01 Fischer wrote:
> > I'm currently trying to build a booting core-image-sato image with
MACHINE

?

> It's not the opposite, it's the same. Poky is composed of
openembedded-core,
> bitbake, yocto-docs and a few other bits and pieces; so you can either
use
> poky here or openembedded-core + bitbake.

First, thank you for your quick reply :-)

So I guess, it's fine only to add meta-intel and meta-intel/meta-crownbay
to BBLayers and not openembedded-core and bitbake, too?

If so, why not remove this confusing reference to open-embedded?

> > Second meta-intel/meta-crownbay/README.sources points to yocto-1.3
(Line
> > 10).
>
> This is an oversight. Nitin, can you please correct this or avoid having
the
> fixed version URL in the document at all?
>
> > Is it possible that these layers aren't ready for yocto 1.4 despite
being
> > packaged as "1.4-final", "1.4" and "danny-9.0.0"?
>
> No, I think this is just a case where the URL hasn't been updated in the

> README.sources file.
>
> Cheers,
> Paul
>
> --
>
> Paul Eggleton
> Intel Open Source Technology Centre

Viele Grüße

Felix Fischer

Studentischer Mitarbeiter (VC-D1)
Vehicle Cockpit Electronics Devices

IAV GmbH
Carnotstr. 1
10587 BERLIN
GERMANY

Phone: +49 30 39978-9540
Fax:      +49 30 39978-9411
E-Mail:  <mailto:felix01.fischer at iav.de>
Internet: http://www.iav.com

Sitz/Registered Office: Berlin,
Registergericht/Registration Court: Amtsgericht Charlottenburg,
Registernummer/Company Registration Number: HRB 21 280,
Geschäftsführer/Managing Directors: Kurt Blumenröder, Michael Schubert,
Dr. Rüdiger Goyk