[yocto] Confused which layers are needed for meta-intel/meta-crownbay

Paul Eggleton paul.eggleton at linux.intel.com
Tue May 14 02:22:53 PDT 2013

Hi Felix,

On Tuesday 14 May 2013 09:22:53 Felix01 Fischer wrote:
> I'm currently trying to build a booting core-image-sato image with MACHINE
> ?="crownbay". I'm using  poky 9.0.0 and meta-intel (dylan branch).
>
> I've discovered something which confuses me:
>
> First meta-intel/meta-crownbay/README states that it is to be used with
> the openembedded.org bitbake and openembedded-core layer (both on branch
> master). Isn't this opposite in using yocto (as both provide bitbake) ?

It's not the opposite, it's the same. Poky is composed of openembedded-core,
bitbake, yocto-docs and a few other bits and pieces; so you can either use
poky here or openembedded-core + bitbake.

> Second meta-intel/meta-crownbay/README.sources points to yocto-1.3 (Line
> 10).

This is an oversight. Nitin, can you please correct this or avoid having the
fixed version URL in the document at all?

> Is it possible that these layers aren't ready for yocto 1.4 despite being
> packaged as "1.4-final", "1.4" and "danny-9.0.0"?

No, I think this is just a case where the URL hasn't been updated in the
README.sources file.

Cheers,
Paul

--