[yocto] [meta-raspberrypi] Zenity is in meta-gnome

Paul Barker paul at paulbarker.me.uk
Sat May 4 03:33:48 PDT 2013

On 2 May 2013 17:35, Trevor Woerner <twoerner at gmail.com> wrote:

> If I knew the best way to integrate it with Yocto, I'd submit patches
> to include it. But for the time-being I'll just mention it :-)

Maybe take a look at how the existing SD card image for the
raspberrypi is generated? The relevant file is
classes/sdcard_image-rpi.bbclass in meta-raspberrypi
(https://git.yoctoproject.org/cgit/cgit.cgi/meta-raspberrypi/tree/classes/sdcard_image-rpi.bbclass).

You'd probably want to create a new rootfs of the desired size (maybe
a IMAGE_SIZE variable that can be set in local.conf?) and untar the
relvant .rootfs.tar.bz2 file into the new partition then join it with
a machine-specific boot partition into a final image. The sizes would
be set so rootfs size + boot size + alignment, etc = IMAGE_SIZE.

This doesn't solve everything you say about unique serial numbers or
IP addresses but it's a start, such features could be added later.

--
Paul Barker

Email: paul at paulbarker.me.uk
http://www.paulbarker.me.uk