[yocto] [meta-raspberrypi] Zenity is in meta-gnome

Trevor Woerner twoerner at gmail.com
Thu May 2 09:35:49 PDT 2013

On Thu, May 2, 2013 at 12:23 PM, Gary Thomas <gary at mlbassoc.com> wrote:
> On 2013-05-02 09:52, Paul Barker wrote:
>> Sounds great though it may take a long time to copy files to an SD
>> card (I noticed a similar opinion at
>> http://www.raspbian.org/RaspbianInstaller). May be quicker to generate
>> an image file with the correct size first then dd that to the card.
>

> The problem with this approach is that the generated image will typically
> be many gigabytes in size (typical SD cards are 4GB on up).  The time to
> copy such an image to the physical card can be very large indeed.

Which is how the bmaptool steps in and helps. It analyzes the image
for holes (and/or blocks of zeros?) and only copies over the relevant,
non hole/zero parts. Substantially improving the transfer time,
especially for the larger images.

If I knew the best way to integrate it with Yocto, I'd submit patches
to include it. But for the time-being I'll just mention it :-)