[yocto] [meta-raspberrypi] Zenity is in meta-gnome

Paul Barker paul at paulbarker.me.uk
Thu May 2 04:27:37 PDT 2013

On 1 May 2013 20:37, Andrei Gherzan <andrei at gherzan.ro> wrote:

> That's something we should take a look at. It was introduced before me taking
> this layer and we need to tweak it a little bit (dependency too). If you cat
> take a loot at it would be great. Never tested it on board actually. And we
> need to make it work with systemd too somehow. I have it in my queue.

I've took another look over the actual script (first-run-wizard.sh)
and I've found the first run script that Rasbpian uses
(https://github.com/asb/raspi-config).

I think this sort of script is going to be by nature very dependent on
the distro choices, what packages are installed, etc. The current
script still references OpenPandora everywhere and points at files in
/etc/pandora. I don't personally feel it belongs in a board support
layer.

What would be useful is a first boot task which resizes the rootfs to
fill the SD card it's on without prompts. Should be easy to do with a
postinst script and fdisk. Would be great if it worked as an option
that could go in IMAGE_FEATURES. It also might be applicable to other
devices such as the Beagleboard. I'll take a look when I get chance.

--
Paul Barker

Email: paul at paulbarker.me.uk
http://www.paulbarker.me.uk