[yocto] Minutes: Yocto Project 1.4 M4 release readiness discussion

Martin Jansa martin.jansa at gmail.com
Fri Mar 1 15:32:55 PST 2013

On Fri, Mar 01, 2013 at 11:08:30PM +0000, Burton, Ross wrote:
> On 1 March 2013 21:53, Martin Jansa <martin.jansa at gmail.com> wrote:
> > I think it would be good to finish discussion in thread
> > [OE-core] RFE: make the init manager an image feature (again)
> > and resolve systemd situation asap, otherwise we're risking
> > meta-openembedded release or quality of such release.
>
> I'm working on a series that implements roughly what I proposed
> (systemd and sysvinit features not mutually exclusive, but no separate
> -sysv or -systemd packages) and hope to have it on the list next week
> - this week has been slow going as we've had a family cold do the
> rounds.

Can you answer this
http://lists.linuxtogo.org/pipermail/openembedded-core/2013-February/036223.html
and how this solution helps with upgrade paths?

> Any contributions of coding are always welcome, obviously.

Coding was contributed to meta-systemd which was working fine for both
use-cases. Maybe explaining hidden benefits of not splitted packages
would motivate some people..

Martin 'JaMa' Jansa     jabber: Martin.Jansa at gmail.com