[yocto] Hello world-Checksum error

Paul Eggleton paul.eggleton at linux.intel.com
Tue Jun 4 03:58:41 PDT 2013

On Tuesday 04 June 2013 12:42:12 Zafrullah Syed wrote:
> previously, I successfully build *gumstix-console-image* and I have created
> *meta-bebot* folder for my recipe.
>
> My Yocto tree as follows:
>
> Yocto
>  --build
>    --conf
>        --bblayers.conf ( I added /home/siguser/yocto2013-05-08/poky/*
> meta-bebot* \ ) path
>        --local.conf ( I added IMAGE_INSTALL_append = " hello" ) under
> *Additional
> image features*
>    --downloads
>    --tmp
>    --
>    --
>
>  --poky
>     --bitbake
>     --build
>     --documentation
>     --meta
>     --*meta-bebot*
> *        --conf*
> *            --bblayers.conf *(I added  /home/siguser/yocto2013-05-08/poky/*
> meta-bebot* \ ) path

If I understand correctly from the above that you have put bblayers.conf in
conf/ under your meta-bebot layer, that is not correct. bblayers.conf needs to
be under conf/ in your build directory as usual.

> *            --layer.conf *(I added BBFILE_COLLECTIONS += "*meta-bebot*"
>                                              BBFILE_PATTERN_*meta-bebot* :=
> "^${LAYERDIR}/"
>                                              BBFILE_PRIORITY_*meta-bebot* =
> "7" )

Are you also extending BBFILES and BBPATH in your meta-bebot/conf/layer.conf?

> *        --recipes-bebot*
> *             --hello*
> *                --hello.bb*
>     --meta-gumstix
>     --meta-gumstix-extras
>     --meta-hob
>     --meta-openembedded
>     --
>     --remaining other folders..
>

> When I try to build image *bitbake gumstix-console-image*
>                       again it throws this error: *ERROR: Nothing PROVIDES
> 'gumstix-console-image'*

BitBake uses BBFILES to find recipes; each layer's layer.conf typically extends
BBFILES to find the recipes within the layer. If you are receiving this error
it means (as you might expect) that BitBake cannot find a provider for the
specified target. This is either because your bblayers.conf no longer adds the
path to meta-gumstix to BBLAYERS, or because BBFILES is being reset so that it
no longer includes the path within meta-gumstix to find the gumstix-console-
image recipe. Please check that you don't have a duplicate bblayers.conf (as
mentioned above) and that your meta-bebot/conf/layer.conf is appropriately
extending BBFILES (see other layers for examples).

Cheers,
Paul

--

Paul Eggleton