[yocto] Hello world-Checksum error

Zafrullah Syed zafrullahmehdi at gmail.com
Tue Jun 4 03:42:12 PDT 2013

Hi all,

I am in a serious *problem* of unable to add a recipe and build an image.

previously, I successfully build *gumstix-console-image* and I have created
*meta-bebot* folder for my recipe.

My Yocto tree as follows:

Yocto
 --build
   --conf
       --bblayers.conf ( I added /home/siguser/yocto2013-05-08/poky/*
meta-bebot* \ ) path
       --local.conf ( I added IMAGE_INSTALL_append = " hello" ) under
*Additional
image features*
   --downloads
   --tmp

 --poky
    --bitbake
    --build
    --documentation
    --meta
    --*meta-bebot*
*        --conf*
*            --bblayers.conf *(I added  /home/siguser/yocto2013-05-08/poky/*
meta-bebot* \ ) path
*            --layer.conf *(I added BBFILE_COLLECTIONS += "*meta-bebot*"
                                             BBFILE_PATTERN_*meta-bebot* :=
"^${LAYERDIR}/"
                                             BBFILE_PRIORITY_*meta-bebot* =
"7" )
*        --recipes-bebot*
*             --hello*
*                --hello.bb*
    --meta-gumstix
    --meta-gumstix-extras
    --meta-hob
    --meta-openembedded
    --
    --remaining other folders..

When I try to build image *bitbake gumstix-console-image*
                      again it throws this error: *ERROR: Nothing PROVIDES
'gumstix-console-image'*

I do not know where I am doing wrong or what the problem is. I would be
greatly helpful if anyone can give some inputs.

Thank You,

Regards,
Zafrullah Syed

--