[yocto] Hello world-Checksum error

Zafrullah Syed zafrullahmehdi at gmail.com
Tue Jun 4 06:19:49 PDT 2013

On Tue, Jun 4, 2013 at 12:58 PM, Paul Eggleton <
paul.eggleton at linux.intel.com> wrote:

> On Tuesday 04 June 2013 12:42:12 Zafrullah Syed wrote:
> > previously, I successfully build *gumstix-console-image* and I have
> created
> > *meta-bebot* folder for my recipe.
> >
> > My Yocto tree as follows:
> >
> > Yocto
> >  --build
> >    --conf
> >        --bblayers.conf ( I added /home/siguser/yocto2013-05-08/poky/*
> > meta-bebot* \ ) path
> >        --local.conf ( I added IMAGE_INSTALL_append = " hello" ) under
> > *Additional
> > image features*
> >    --downloads
> >    --tmp
> >    --
> >    --
> >
> >  --poky
> >     --bitbake
> >     --build
> >     --documentation
> >     --meta
> >     --*meta-bebot*
> > *        --conf*
> > *            --bblayers.conf *(I added
>  /home/siguser/yocto2013-05-08/poky/*
> > meta-bebot* \ ) path
>
> If I understand correctly from the above that you have put bblayers.conf in
> conf/ under your meta-bebot layer, that is not correct. bblayers.conf
> needs to
> be under conf/ in your build directory as usual.

my bblayers.conf file lies in  poky/meta-bebot/conf/bblayers.conf. do I
need to remove this file and keep it in which build folder? I mean /yocto/*
build*/conf/bblayers.conf or /yocto/*poky*/build/conf/bblayers.conf?

> > *            --layer.conf *(I added BBFILE_COLLECTIONS += "*meta-bebot*"
> >                                              BBFILE_PATTERN_*meta-bebot*
> :=
> > "^${LAYERDIR}/"
> >
>  BBFILE_PRIORITY_*meta-bebot* =
> > "7" )
>
> Are you also extending BBFILES and BBPATH in your
> meta-bebot/conf/layer.conf?

My meta-bebot/conf/layer.conf is as follows:

# We have a conf directory, append to BBPATH
BBPATH .= ":${LAYERDIR}"

# We have a recipes directory, add to BBFILES
BBFILES += "${LAYERDIR}/recipes-*/*/*.bb ${LAYERDIR}/recipes-*/*/*.bbappend"

--
Regards,
Zafrullah Syed