[yocto] Criteria for proposing a host distribution supported

Burton, Ross ross.burton at intel.com
Fri Jul 26 04:21:26 PDT 2013

On 26 July 2013 12:10, Laszlo Papp <lpapp at kde.org> wrote:
> As far as I can tell, the reference documentation does not write that
> anywhere what you are claiming here. So you are either incorrect, or I need
> to file a bugreport to fix the documentation.

I'd say it's a fair assumption that when the documentation says
"supported on FooLinux" we mean "supported on a typical and working
installation of FooLinux".

> No doubt a common "normal" could be found for Arch as well, which is what I
> have been referring to, in several emails of this thread now. I do not see
> Arch exclusive, respectively.

All Arch needs to be in the supported list is a long-term stable
release, and someone willing to do the testing.  You're clearly
interested in being the latter, so when the former exists please say.
Via Google I see there's been at least two attempts but nothing has
actually stuck around.

Ross