[yocto] Criteria for proposing a host distribution supported

Laszlo Papp lpapp at kde.org
Fri Jul 26 04:10:39 PDT 2013

On Fri, Jul 26, 2013 at 12:05 PM, Burton, Ross <ross.burton at intel.com>wrote:

> On 26 July 2013 11:57, Laszlo Papp <lpapp at kde.org> wrote:
> > Actually, I also have problems with Debian stable? See the bugreports I
> > sent. It is mentioned as "supported distribution". Yet, it does not
> work. I
> > do not to follow the parallelism with Arch accordingly.
>
> The words I were careful to use were "normal configuration".  A chroot
> isn't "normal" and needs careful attention to get the details right
> (such as a working /dev, /sys /dev/shm).  If you can't get this
> configured correctly you may have more luck with a more featureful
> container such as systemd-nspawn or KVM, where the guest actually
> boots and can set itself up.

As far as I can tell, the reference documentation does not write that
anywhere what you are claiming here. So you are either incorrect, or I need
to file a bugreport to fix the documentation.

No doubt a common "normal" could be found for Arch as well, which is what I
have been referring to, in several emails of this thread now. I do not see
Arch exclusive, respectively.

Laszlo