[yocto] Criteria for proposing a host distribution supported

Burton, Ross ross.burton at intel.com
Fri Jul 26 04:05:53 PDT 2013

On 26 July 2013 11:57, Laszlo Papp <lpapp at kde.org> wrote:
> Actually, I also have problems with Debian stable? See the bugreports I
> sent. It is mentioned as "supported distribution". Yet, it does not work. I
> do not to follow the parallelism with Arch accordingly.

The words I were careful to use were "normal configuration".  A chroot
isn't "normal" and needs careful attention to get the details right
(such as a working /dev, /sys /dev/shm).  If you can't get this
configured correctly you may have more luck with a more featureful
container such as systemd-nspawn or KVM, where the guest actually
boots and can set itself up.

Ross