[yocto] Criteria for proposing a host distribution supported

Laszlo Papp lpapp at kde.org
Fri Jul 26 03:57:53 PDT 2013

Actually, I also have problems with Debian stable? See the bugreports I
sent. It is mentioned as "supported distribution". Yet, it does not work. I
do not to follow the parallelism with Arch accordingly.

People can always revert the offending arch package to one week older if
they wanna use Yocto, or they can fix it. I do not see it a problem, and
easily solvable, especially with a clear CI documentation which should
happen for any node, anyhow.

The problem is currently that there is no any focus on Arch, and that is
bad for the Arch arch community. Note, it is not about 1-2 people. Arch is
a quite common distribution, especially for development because it gives
you the most power for working with bleeding edge technologies.