[yocto] only -dbg and -dev packages being built

Burton, Ross ross.burton at intel.com
Thu Jul 11 07:28:38 PDT 2013

On 11 July 2013 15:20, Brian Karcz <briank at russound.com> wrote:
> I created a recipe (xyz) to assemble together an externally built executable
> and some configuration files that are local to recipe. It consists of a few
> SRC_URI specifications for the files and a do_install function to place all
> the pieces in the root filesystem. When I bitbake the recipe, the only
> packages that show up in the tmp/deploy/ipk area are the xyz–dbg and xyz–dev
> versions and not the plain xyz version. Because of this, when I add xyz to
> the POKY_EXTRA_INSTALL variable of my image recipe, the do_rootfs task fails
> because it can’t find the xyz package.

The usual way to debug this is to read the log.do_install and check
it's installing where you expect, and dig around the temporary
directories in the work directory.  Specifically, the files you
install in your do_install() should end up in
tmp/work/[arch]/[package]/image.  If image/ is missing files your
do_install() is probably broken, otherwise you FILES_* are probably
broken.

Ross