[yocto] only -dbg and -dev packages being built

Brian Karcz briank at RUSSOUND.COM
Thu Jul 11 08:59:36 PDT 2013

Thanks Ross and Nicolas. That was the nudge I needed to get past this.

-Brian

-----Original Message-----
From: Burton, Ross [mailto:ross.burton at intel.com]
Sent: Thursday, July 11, 2013 10:29 AM
To: Brian Karcz
Cc: yocto at yoctoproject.org
Subject: Re: [yocto] only -dbg and -dev packages being built

On 11 July 2013 15:20, Brian Karcz <briank at russound.com> wrote:
> I created a recipe (xyz) to assemble together an externally built
> executable and some configuration files that are local to recipe. It
> consists of a few SRC_URI specifications for the files and a
> do_install function to place all the pieces in the root filesystem.
> When I bitbake the recipe, the only packages that show up in the
> tmp/deploy/ipk area are the xyz–dbg and xyz–dev versions and not the
> plain xyz version. Because of this, when I add xyz to the
> POKY_EXTRA_INSTALL variable of my image recipe, the do_rootfs task fails because it can’t find the xyz package.

The usual way to debug this is to read the log.do_install and check it's installing where you expect, and dig around the temporary directories in the work directory.  Specifically, the files you install in your do_install() should end up in tmp/work/[arch]/[package]/image.  If image/ is missing files your
do_install() is probably broken, otherwise you FILES_* are probably broken.

Ross