[yocto] [meta-raspberrypi] Userland and vc-graphics

Tomas Frydrych tf+lists.yocto at r-finger.com
Mon Jul 8 02:01:46 PDT 2013

On 06/07/13 12:22, Paul Barker wrote:
> So if there recipes are fulfilling the exact same purpose, I think we
> should strip out vc-graphics completely and always build from source.
> I've never seen a use case for the pre-compiled vc-graphics recipes
> within OpenEmbedded/Yocto.
>
> Does anyone else who's worked with meta-raspberrypi agree with this?
> If so I'll throw together patches to achieve this.

vc-graphics is the original package before the userland sources were
made available; in principle the two should be equivalent, but the last
time I tried to build userland, which admittedly is two or three months
back, it was failing miserably due to some missing broadcom headers that
were nowhere to be found among the released sources. I assume the
userland packages now build OK?

Tomas

--
http://sleepfive.com