[yocto] [meta-raspberrypi] Userland and vc-graphics

Paul Barker paul at paulbarker.me.uk
Mon Jul 8 04:12:08 PDT 2013

On 8 July 2013 10:01, Tomas Frydrych <tf+lists.yocto at r-finger.com> wrote:
> On 06/07/13 12:22, Paul Barker wrote:
>>
>> Does anyone else who's worked with meta-raspberrypi agree with this?
>> If so I'll throw together patches to achieve this.
>
> vc-graphics is the original package before the userland sources were
> made available; in principle the two should be equivalent, but the last
> time I tried to build userland, which admittedly is two or three months
> back, it was failing miserably due to some missing broadcom headers that
> were nowhere to be found among the released sources. I assume the
> userland packages now build OK?

It all builds and installs correctly for me (I'm using core-image-sato
for testing). It would probably be good to put together a simple test
plan to ensure that it does run correctly.

I must admit to being happier working on console applications rather
GUIs and especially OpenGL/EGL type things but there are probably a
few basic tests I can do. I could see if glxgears runs correctly. I
could also look at EGL/GLES output from gstreamer.

Any other suggestions?

--
Paul Barker

Email: paul at paulbarker.me.uk