[yocto] FW: YP Linux Kernel Development Manual

Darren Hart darren.hart at intel.com
Tue Jan 22 11:11:46 PST 2013

On 01/21/2013 06:05 PM, Rifenbark, Scott M wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am reposting this to the discussion list and copying Darren Hart.
>
> Scott

entire hello-mod directory into
meta-intel/meta-jasperforest/recipes-kernel in order for the stock
layer.conf BBFILES variables to include in the bitbake search path.

If you do indeed have have a space in "MACHINE_EXTRA_ RDEPENDS" as in
your message below, that will also lead to failure.

Thanks,

--
Darren

> Eddy
>
> All,
>

> There is a new YP manual under development.  It is a development manual for Linux kernels in the YP.  Darren Hart is the original author of the manual as you probably know.  It is still being worked on but it is in HTML form and now part of the yocto-docs/master branch.  It is published at http://www.yoctoproject.org/docs/1.4/kernel-dev/kernel-dev.html.  Feel free to access it and comment.
>

> Thanks,
>
> Scott
>

> Scott Rifenbark
>
> Intel Corporation