[yocto] My stuff is missing from rootfs

Saul Wold sgw at linux.intel.com
Thu Aug 15 11:55:38 PDT 2013

On 08/15/2013 11:37 AM, Paul D. DeRocco wrote:
> I've done exactly this in a different Yocto-based project, and it worked.
> Now I'm trying to do the same thing in a Gumstix build, and it's not
> working. I have a dumb little recipe that merely copies some files into
> particlar places in the rootfs. It adds a systemd service unit, as well as
> .bashrc and .inputrc to /home/root.
>
> The build logs show the recipe being processed, including the do_install
> task which copies the files. No errors are produced. If I rummage through
> build/tmp/work, I can find the fragment of the rootfs containing the
> /home/root and /etc/systemd/system directories with my files in them. Yet no
> matter what I try, these things never wind up in the final rootfs.
>
> I've tried clean and cleansstate on the recipe, as well as on my top-level
> recipe. I've bumped PR from r0 to r1. It dutifully reprocesses my recipe,
> with no errors, and I end up with a perfectly functioning rootfs without
> these particular files.
>
> This is a slightly modified version of gumstix-console-image. I believe it's
> based on Danny, as the gumstix Dylan stuff is still a work in progress.
>
> What could conceivably be wrong?

Where do you add your recipe's generated packages to the image, this
could be in your custom image with an RDEPENDS or via something in
local.conf like CORE_IMAGE_EXTRA_INSTALL_append = " <packagename>".

Do you have other recipes that DEPEND or RDEPEND on your recipe?

That might point you in the right direction.

Sau!