[yocto] My stuff is missing from rootfs

Paul D. DeRocco pderocco at ix.netcom.com
Thu Aug 15 12:30:10 PDT 2013

> From: Saul Wold
>
> > On 08/15/2013 11:37 AM, Paul D. DeRocco wrote:
> > I've done exactly this in a different Yocto-based project,
> > and it worked.
> > Now I'm trying to do the same thing in a Gumstix build, and it's not
> > working. I have a dumb little recipe that merely copies
> > some files into
> > particlar places in the rootfs. It adds a systemd service
> > unit, as well as
> > .bashrc and .inputrc to /home/root.
> >
> > The build logs show the recipe being processed, including
> > the do_install
> > task which copies the files. No errors are produced. If I
> > rummage through
> > build/tmp/work, I can find the fragment of the rootfs containing the
> > /home/root and /etc/systemd/system directories with my
> > files in them. Yet no
> > matter what I try, these things never wind up in the final rootfs.
> >
> > I've tried clean and cleansstate on the recipe, as well as
> > on my top-level
> > recipe. I've bumped PR from r0 to r1. It dutifully
> > reprocesses my recipe,
> > with no errors, and I end up with a perfectly functioning
> > rootfs without
> > these particular files.
> >
> > This is a slightly modified version of
> > gumstix-console-image. I believe it's
> > based on Danny, as the gumstix Dylan stuff is still a work
> > in progress.
> >
> > What could conceivably be wrong?
> >
> Where do you add your recipe's generated packages to the image, this
> could be in your custom image with an RDEPENDS or via something in
> local.conf like CORE_IMAGE_EXTRA_INSTALL_append = " <packagename>".
>
> Do you have other recipes that DEPEND or RDEPEND on your recipe?
>
> That might point you in the right direction.

My top level recipe uses IMAGE_INSTALL to add a bunch of packages, including
one whose name matches the name of the recipe that's being processed but
whose output is being ignored. This is exactly what I did in a different
Yocto project, to get a similar recipe to install some similar files, and it
all worked fine.

I've attached the top level recipe and the problematic one, only changing
the project name to "foo" for proprietary reasons.

--

Ciao,               Paul D. DeRocco
Paul                mailto:pderocco at ix.netcom.com