[yocto] My stuff is missing from rootfs

Paul D. DeRocco pderocco at ix.netcom.com
Thu Aug 15 11:37:33 PDT 2013

I've done exactly this in a different Yocto-based project, and it worked.
Now I'm trying to do the same thing in a Gumstix build, and it's not
working. I have a dumb little recipe that merely copies some files into
particlar places in the rootfs. It adds a systemd service unit, as well as
.bashrc and .inputrc to /home/root.

The build logs show the recipe being processed, including the do_install
task which copies the files. No errors are produced. If I rummage through
build/tmp/work, I can find the fragment of the rootfs containing the
/home/root and /etc/systemd/system directories with my files in them. Yet no
matter what I try, these things never wind up in the final rootfs.

I've tried clean and cleansstate on the recipe, as well as on my top-level
recipe. I've bumped PR from r0 to r1. It dutifully reprocesses my recipe,
with no errors, and I end up with a perfectly functioning rootfs without
these particular files.

This is a slightly modified version of gumstix-console-image. I believe it's
based on Danny, as the gumstix Dylan stuff is still a work in progress.

What could conceivably be wrong?

--

Ciao,               Paul D. DeRocco
Paul                mailto:pderocco at ix.netcom.com