[yocto] why was meta-dlna submodule history stripped out?

Tomas Frydrych tf+lists.yocto at r-finger.com
Mon Oct 22 01:06:41 PDT 2012

On 20/10/12 13:16, Paul Eggleton wrote:
> On Friday 19 October 2012 11:01:09 Saul Wold wrote:
> Long term however I'd rather see the additional unique recipes in meta-
> guacamayo itself go into more official OE community layers.

Ah, so there is an official community and an unoffical one, this
community stuff is becoming rather difficult. ;-)

I don't have any objections in principle, in fact you will see that
number of the recipes in meta-guacamayo consists of a generic recipe and
a guacamayo-specific bbappend. The main reason for maintaining most of
the recipes in meta-guacamayo is precisely so that they would be
maintained and updated in timely fashion and work with the stable
release of Yocto. Guacamayo aims to facilitate that.

Tomas