[yocto] why was meta-dlna submodule history stripped out?

Ross Burton ross.burton at intel.com
Sat Oct 20 06:13:53 PDT 2012

On Saturday, 20 October 2012 at 13:16, Paul Eggleton wrote:
> Long term however I'd rather see the additional unique recipes in meta-
> guacamayo itself go into more official OE community layers. meta-dlna would
> continue to take them from there using combo-layer though I suspect. (This is
> the plan I have for meta-baryon.)

Agreed.  I've been attempting to push the obvious fixes to packages in oe-core back there, and meta-oe/meta-multimedia is an obvious home for the bulk of the rest.  Guacamayo should ideally be an integration and customisation home consisting of bbappends and guacamayo-specific recipes only, IMHO.

Ross