[yocto] Any updates to meta-zynq in the pipeline?

Philip Balister philip at balister.org
Sat Oct 13 08:24:41 PDT 2012

On 10/13/2012 07:48 AM, Elvis Dowson wrote:
> Hi Philip,
>
> On Oct 13, 2012, at 6:28 PM, Philip Balister <philip at balister.org> wrote:
>
>> If you are interested in a kernel built direct from the Xilinx repo look at:
>>
>> https://github.com/balister/meta-zynq
>>
>> I just pushed use changes yesterday and could use some help testing them.
>>
>> It is setup to boot from a SD card. You have to take the output of the u-boot recipe and use the Xilinx tools to combine it with the fsbl to get the required BOOT.BIN file.
>
> I'll help out and test your layer first, and let you know. It's going to take me a while to get used to this new board. I always find that I end up spending more than 2 to 3 months, just getting to know each platform to a good level, the last two ones being the Gumstix TI OMAP 3530 and the Xilinx ML507. I'm going to brace myself, its going to be a deep dive I think! :-)
>
> Adrian Alonso's meta-xilinx layer had some *.bbclass files, that invoked the Xilinx tools to create the ace image files, so perhaps that could be modified to automate the process or getting the final BOOT.BIN file.

Unfortunately I do not have the Xilinx tools installed on the machine I
do the builds on. I'd love to post a working BOOT.BIN, but 1) I haven't
tested this on he zc702 yet, and 2) I need to work out if I can
distribute the binary since it includes GPL u-boot and non-GPL fsbl.

I understand it will take some time to get up to speed. I am finding the
Xilinx workflow based around planAhead to be "challenging".

Philip