[yocto] Any updates to meta-zynq in the pipeline?

Elvis Dowson elvis.dowson at gmail.com
Sat Oct 13 07:48:32 PDT 2012

Hi Philip,

On Oct 13, 2012, at 6:28 PM, Philip Balister <philip at balister.org> wrote:

> If you are interested in a kernel built direct from the Xilinx repo look at:
>
> https://github.com/balister/meta-zynq
>
> I just pushed use changes yesterday and could use some help testing them.
>
> It is setup to boot from a SD card. You have to take the output of the u-boot recipe and use the Xilinx tools to combine it with the fsbl to get the required BOOT.BIN file.

I'll help out and test your layer first, and let you know. It's going to take me a while to get used to this new board. I always find that I end up spending more than 2 to 3 months, just getting to know each platform to a good level, the last two ones being the Gumstix TI OMAP 3530 and the Xilinx ML507. I'm going to brace myself, its going to be a deep dive I think! :-)

Adrian Alonso's meta-xilinx layer had some *.bbclass files, that invoked the Xilinx tools to create the ace image files, so perhaps that could be modified to automate the process or getting the final BOOT.BIN file.

Best regards,

Elvis Dowson