[yocto] Any updates to meta-zynq in the pipeline?

Bruce Ashfield bruce.ashfield at windriver.com
Sat Oct 13 07:47:01 PDT 2012

On 12-10-13 10:43 AM, Elvis Dowson wrote:
> Hi Bruce,
>
> On Oct 13, 2012, at 6:21 PM, Bruce Ashfield<bruce.ashfield at windriver.com>  wrote:
>
>> There are updates planned, but with some vacations (mine and others), since
>> that last update things slowed down a bit. But work is proceeding,
>> I expect something in the next few weeks.
>>
>> In particular, as an initial item, the BSP can be bumped to the Yocto
>> 1.3 (3.4) kernel, and complete some work on remaining issues with the
>> layer.
>>
>> After that, SDK updates, and other enhancements would be in the
>> pipeline, but i don't have a complete visibility into those yet.
>
> I'm more interested in updates to the machine configuration and tune files for the Zynq-7020 processor. Are there any updates planned for these? The processor uses a ARM Cortex A9 dual core CPU, so I was wondering where one draws on from, in order to get an accurate representation of the processor. e.g. use TRM for Zynq-7020 and then look a a TI OMAP 4430 or Freescale i.MX 6 dual core machine configuration, etc?

AFAIK, yes. Xilinx themselves are gearing up to take over this
work, but I can't speak for them, and haven't heard anything since
before I went on vacation. I'm hoping that this will pick up again
soon.

> The kernel and u-boot recipes, I can migrate to the latest 3.5 and 2012.x versions, so that shouldn't be a problem for me.

ok! At some point the layer will become (hopefully) yocto BSP
compliant, and at that point we'll get some consistency in kernel
version where it will be on one of the yocto versions, LTSI, etc,
since spraying all over the map on versions doesn't help everyone :)

Cheers,

Bruce