[yocto] Any updates to meta-zynq in the pipeline?

Elvis Dowson elvis.dowson at gmail.com
Sat Oct 13 07:43:23 PDT 2012

Hi Bruce,

On Oct 13, 2012, at 6:21 PM, Bruce Ashfield <bruce.ashfield at windriver.com> wrote:

> There are updates planned, but with some vacations (mine and others), since
> that last update things slowed down a bit. But work is proceeding,
> I expect something in the next few weeks.
>
> In particular, as an initial item, the BSP can be bumped to the Yocto
> 1.3 (3.4) kernel, and complete some work on remaining issues with the
> layer.
>
> After that, SDK updates, and other enhancements would be in the
> pipeline, but i don't have a complete visibility into those yet.

I'm more interested in updates to the machine configuration and tune files for the Zynq-7020 processor. Are there any updates planned for these? The processor uses a ARM Cortex A9 dual core CPU, so I was wondering where one draws on from, in order to get an accurate representation of the processor. e.g. use TRM for Zynq-7020 and then look a a TI OMAP 4430 or Freescale i.MX 6 dual core machine configuration, etc?

The kernel and u-boot recipes, I can migrate to the latest 3.5 and 2012.x versions, so that shouldn't be a problem for me.

Best regards,

Elvis Dowson