[yocto] meta-baryon flexibility

Jim Abernathy jfabernathy at gmail.com
Tue Jul 17 12:24:30 PDT 2012

In an effort to explore how independent a layer could be to the
underlying hardware, I took the meta-baryon NAS layer and got it built
from master using the n450 BSP.  With that working I decided to replace
the n450 with sugarbay.  While the n450 can support X11 and sato, it was
not generated by design in the baryon build.

However, when I changed to sugarbay, the build stops because X11 is
needed.  To get around this I had to comment out some things in the
conf/machine/sugarbay.conf file in the BSP.

#XSERVER ?= "${XSERVER_IA32_BASE} \
#           ${XSERVER_IA32_EXT} \
#           ${XSERVER_IA32_I965} \

#VA_FEATURES ?= "gst-va-intel va-intel"

#MACHINE_EXTRA_RRECOMMENDS += "${VA_FEATURES}"

Why didn't I have to do this in the n450??

JIm A