[yocto] meta-toolchain - python not populated properly in sdk

Jegan Chandru pcjegan at gmail.com
Sun Jul 8 22:45:09 PDT 2012

Hi,

I have a little trouble while building meta-toolchain for my distro. This
is for arm architecture on 64 bit ubuntu 12.04 machine. I use default
"bitbake meta-toolchain" to create sdk. It created ok, but when I check for
python, it doesnt include everything from build dir. I tried to execute
some scripts using this sdk, but it fails due to some modules missing like
shutils, optparser etc.. I checked the build dir, its all there but not
populated in sdk. I tried to add those by some methods, one of those being
defining my own meta-toolchain-mydistro, but couldnt get full python to get
populated in sdk. Any help with this will deeply appreciated.  what am i
missing?

JC