[yocto] what's the preferred way of creating images for a classic beagle rev C4?

Tomas Frydrych tf+lists.yocto at r-finger.com
Tue Jul 10 02:08:21 PDT 2012

Hi,

On 08/07/12 19:21, Robert P. J. Day wrote:
>   is it adequate to use the canonical beagleboard support in yocto, or
> should i take advantage of the developments in the meta-ti layer?
> this is for a training course so i don't need production-level
> reliability so much as i want access to as many features as i can get
> for educational purposes.  thanks.

Yocto alone should give you working Sato images; I am fairly certain
that works with Denzil.

If you want/need stuff like accelerated graphics, you have to use
meta-ti, but meta-ti does not play very well with Yocto, so expect to
have to do some tweaking to get things to build. Beyond that, my
experience is that actually getting the meta-ti accelerated video work
is a rather time consuming miss and hit exercise without any guaranteed
results at the end -- if you do not need this for your purposes, then
I'd say don't bother.

Tomas