[yocto] Trying to compile mono on target for machine crownbay

Mark Hatle mark.hatle at windriver.com
Thu Jan 5 14:17:27 PST 2012

On 1/5/12 3:52 PM, autif khan wrote:
> I bitbaked core-image-sato-sdk, copied it to the target disk and tried
> to build mono natively on the target machine and I got the following
> error:
>
> libtool: link: cannot find the library `=/usr/lib/libglib-2.0.la' or
> unhandled argument `=/usr/lib/libglib-2.0.la'

The version of libtool you are currently using is damaged in some way.  I
suspect the program is falling back and trying to use either a local version or
the host-system version.

The libtool located within the OE/Poky environment understands that when a "="
is predicating a path, it means locate the item within the sysroot at the
following path.  Since the error indicates it doesn't understand that concept,
it appears that that version of libtool is broken.

Normally the autotools class will deal with this situation for you.  Simply
inheriting autotools class usually does it.

--Mark