[yocto] Trying to compile mono on target for machine crownbay

autif khan autif.mlist at gmail.com
Thu Jan 5 14:36:37 PST 2012

On Thu, Jan 5, 2012 at 5:17 PM, Mark Hatle <mark.hatle at windriver.com> wrote:
> On 1/5/12 3:52 PM, autif khan wrote:
>> libtool: link: cannot find the library `=/usr/lib/libglib-2.0.la' or
>> unhandled argument `=/usr/lib/libglib-2.0.la'
>

> The version of libtool you are currently using is damaged in some way.  I
> suspect the program is falling back and trying to use either a local version
> or the host-system version.

I am using 6.0 Edison release of yocto. Is libtool being broken a
known issue for this version?

> The libtool located within the OE/Poky environment understands that when a
> "=" is predicating a path, it means locate the item within the sysroot at
> the following path.  Since the error indicates it doesn't understand that
> concept, it appears that that version of libtool is broken.
>
> Normally the autotools class will deal with this situation for you.  Simply
> inheriting autotools class usually does it.

For now, there is no recipe for mono in yocto. There is one for a very
old version of mono on OE that I have looked at. It does not work,
when it is integrated in some layer. It fails with a somewhat
different error (included below). So I am trying to write the recipe
for mono and trying to compile it on native hardware - that would be
the first step - if I can compile it natively, then I will try to
cross compile it, and then I can try to write the recipe.

So, I do not have a sysroot to cross compile ... It is the native root
file system - the compilation happens on the target hardware.

How can I figure out what the issue is with auto tools?

Thanks

Autif

Error form mono recipe from OE:
checking for preceeding underscore in symbols... configure: error: in
`/home/autif/data/dev/yocto/koko/tmp/work/core2-poky-linux/mono-2.6.3-r0.1/mono-2.6.3':
configure: error: cannot run test program while cross compiling