[yocto] Issue building meta-toolchain

John Toomey john.toomey at linux.intel.com
Tue Feb 21 03:31:54 PST 2012

Hello all,

I am getting the following error when trying to build meta-toolchain:

    NOTE: Resolving any missing task queue dependencies
    ERROR: Nothing PROVIDES 'libx11-nativesdk' (but
    virtual:nativesdk:[path]/jtoomey/poky/meta/recipes-graphics/libsdl/libsdl_1.2.14.bb
    DEPENDS on or otherwise requires it)
    ERROR: libx11-nativesdk was skipped: X11 not enabled for this DISTRO
    NOTE: Runtime target 'qemu-nativesdk' is unbuildable, removing...
    Missing or unbuildable dependency chain was: ['qemu-nativesdk',
    'libsdl-nativesdk', 'libx11-nativesdk']
    NOTE: Runtime target 'task-sdk-host-nativesdk' is unbuildable,
    removing...
    Missing or unbuildable dependency chain was:
    ['task-sdk-host-nativesdk', 'qemu-nativesdk', 'libsdl-nativesdk',
    'libx11-nativesdk']
    ERROR: Required build target 'meta-toolchain' has no buildable
    providers.
    Missing or unbuildable dependency chain was: ['meta-toolchain',
    'task-sdk-host-nativesdk', 'qemu-nativesdk', 'libsdl-nativesdk',
    'libx11-nativesdk']

I dont really need or want X11 but the toolchain seems to depend on
parts of it.

Can anyone help point me in the right direction?

Regards,
John