[yocto] Issue building meta-toolchain

Paul Eggleton paul.eggleton at linux.intel.com
Tue Feb 21 09:37:19 PST 2012

On Tuesday 21 February 2012 11:31:54 John Toomey wrote:
> I am getting the following error when trying to build meta-toolchain:
>
>     NOTE: Resolving any missing task queue dependencies
>     ERROR: Nothing PROVIDES 'libx11-nativesdk' (but
>
> virtual:nativesdk:[path]/jtoomey/poky/meta/recipes-graphics/libsdl/libsdl_1
> .2.14.bb DEPENDS on or otherwise requires it)
>     ERROR: libx11-nativesdk was skipped: X11 not enabled for this DISTRO
>     NOTE: Runtime target 'qemu-nativesdk' is unbuildable, removing...
>     Missing or unbuildable dependency chain was: ['qemu-nativesdk',
>     'libsdl-nativesdk', 'libx11-nativesdk']
>     NOTE: Runtime target 'task-sdk-host-nativesdk' is unbuildable,
>     removing...
>     Missing or unbuildable dependency chain was:
>     ['task-sdk-host-nativesdk', 'qemu-nativesdk', 'libsdl-nativesdk',
>     'libx11-nativesdk']
>     ERROR: Required build target 'meta-toolchain' has no buildable
>     providers.
>     Missing or unbuildable dependency chain was: ['meta-toolchain',
>     'task-sdk-host-nativesdk', 'qemu-nativesdk', 'libsdl-nativesdk',
>     'libx11-nativesdk']
>
> I dont really need or want X11 but the toolchain seems to depend on
> parts of it.

I'm guessing this is because we haven't tested building meta-toolchain when
x11 has been removed from DISTRO_FEATURES; at minimum it seems we would need
to fix the libsdl recipe to be able to build without libx11 when x11 is not in
DISTRO_FEATURES.

Would you mind filing a bug for this in the Yocto Project bugzilla
(http://bugzilla.yoctoproject.org)?

Thanks,
Paul

--