[yocto] [OE-core] Upstream-Status finally @ 100%

Paul Menzel paulepanter at users.sourceforge.net
Wed Feb 8 13:44:29 PST 2012

Am Mittwoch, den 08.02.2012, 10:45 -0800 schrieb Saul Wold:
> On 02/08/2012 10:04 AM, Osier-mixon, Jeffrey wrote:
> > Ah, documentation :)  excellent

Saul, thank you for the update and enforcing that requirement from the
commit and patch message guidelines.

> Jefro:
>
> You can get more info about this from Mark's OE page:
> http://www.openembedded.org/wiki/Commit_Patch_Message_Guidelines
>
> The Key thing to note on my numbers is that we have 461 patches that
> could potentially be up-streamed to other communities, depending the
> status of those communities, from active communities accepting patches
> to upstream source that is just download-able with no activity or
> maintainers.

Emphasis should be laid on *could*. Sending these patches upstream still
has to be done most of the time and most developers do not spend time
with that. I hope that will improve in the future somehow.

> We have 1243 patches overall, which include OE Specific configuration
> patches and Embedded specific tweaks to various upstreams that may not
> be appropriate or acceptable to the upstream community.

Thanks,

Paul