[yocto] sysroot and boost.m4 library search path problem

Joshua Immanuel josh at hipro.co.in
Wed Feb 8 04:49:52 PST 2012

Hello all,
	While trying to build my user space application in yocto, the boost.m4
was looking packages in the host (i.e host contamination, thereby
resulting in configure error). This appears to be a problem in boost.m4
which ignores the sysroot option while searching for libraries. In the
libtool recipe of yocto I find that --with-sysroot option has been
renamed to --with-libtool-sysroot.

To address this problem, I've written a patch for boost.m4 specifically
for yocto. I believe this will be helpful to others who are using boost
libraries. I guess, I have to send a separate patch to boost.m4
maintainer using '$with-sysroot' variable.

Regards
Joshua
--
Joshua Immanuel