[yocto] e100 driver does not build

Bruce Ashfield bruce.ashfield at windriver.com
Thu Sep 1 11:20:23 PDT 2011

On 11-09-01 2:11 PM, Saxena, Rahul wrote:
> Yes, the problem was due to missing dependent options..
> I had incorrectly assumed that dependent options would get pulled in
> or perhaps a error would  be generated.

A warning can (and will) be generated for options that are
set by a BSP and don't end up in a final .config, but that's only
if you've placed them in a .cfg file and fed them through the
config auditing steps of the linux-yocto build (this is automatic).

dependencies won't be set automatically, it's the opposite,
you must ensure they are set or a particular Kconfig value must
select them.

> It worked after I added following 3 options stated as dependent options
> in a Kernel configuration database that I saw:
>
> CONFIG_ISA
> CONFIG_EISA
> CONFIG_NET_PCI
>
> I am still iterating to check if all three of the above are really needed or
> or if just the CONFIG_NET_PCI option is needed.
>
> I had enabled the option using a .cfg file.  Also checking again to see if a warning
> gets generated when the dependent options are not included.
>
> BTW what does a message such as following in the .config file mean ?
>
> "CONFIG_xxxxx is not set"

It should be:

# CONFIG_foo is not set

And that is should be read as "config foo is disabled"

Bruce