[yocto] e100 driver does not build

Saxena, Rahul rahul.saxena at intel.com
Thu Sep 1 11:11:32 PDT 2011

Yes, the problem was due to missing dependent options..
I had incorrectly assumed that dependent options would get pulled in
or perhaps a error would  be generated.
It worked after I added following 3 options stated as dependent options
in a Kernel configuration database that I saw:

CONFIG_ISA
CONFIG_EISA
CONFIG_NET_PCI

I am still iterating to check if all three of the above are really needed or
or if just the CONFIG_NET_PCI option is needed.

I had enabled the option using a .cfg file.  Also checking again to see if a warning
gets generated when the dependent options are not included.

BTW what does a message such as following in the .config file mean ?

"CONFIG_xxxxx is not set"

Thanks
Rahul