[yocto] e100 driver does not build

Tom Zanussi tom.zanussi at intel.com
Thu Sep 1 11:21:56 PDT 2011

On Thu, 2011-09-01 at 11:11 -0700, Saxena, Rahul wrote:
> Yes, the problem was due to missing dependent options..
> I had incorrectly assumed that dependent options would get pulled in
> or perhaps a error would  be generated.
> It worked after I added following 3 options stated as dependent options
> in a Kernel configuration database that I saw:
>
> CONFIG_ISA
> CONFIG_EISA
> CONFIG_NET_PCI
>
> I am still iterating to check if all three of the above are really needed or
> or if just the CONFIG_NET_PCI option is needed.
>
> I had enabled the option using a .cfg file.  Also checking again to see if a warning
> gets generated when the dependent options are not included.

Note that it's also part of the intel-1xxxx feature, which is basically
there for reusability - they were all together in a bunch of BSPs so I
moved them into a feature.  I'm wondering whether we want to break them
up or at least create a separate e100 feature.

> BTW what does a message such as following in the .config file mean ?
>
> "CONFIG_xxxxx is not set"

It means that config option was never set or got turned off because of
unmet depencies.

Tom