[yocto] Eclipse Plugin: ADT Version too old

Jack Mitchell ml at communistcode.co.uk
Wed Oct 26 01:19:57 PDT 2011

On 25/10/2011 22:40, Flanagan, Elizabeth wrote:
> On Tue, Oct 25, 2011 at 7:45 AM, Jack Mitchell<ml at communistcode.co.uk>  wrote:
>> Hi Jessica,
>>
>> I posted my environment settings earlier, which are located here:
>> http://pastebin.com/4vnWPAD2
>>
>> Yes, I did use bitbake meta-ide-support to build my roo
>>
>> Hi Jessica,
>>
>> I just did a full fresh re-build from scratch and now my environment
>> variables are as follows:
>>
>> http://ix.io/1Wf
>>
>> My current git status is:
>>
>> # On branch edision
>> # Untracked files:
>> #   (use "git add<file>..." to include in what will be committed)
>> #
>> #    ../bitbake/lib/bb/pysh/pyshtables.py
>> #    ../conf/
>> #    ./
>> #    ../qemuarm-toolchain/
>> nothing added to commit but untracked files present (use "git add" to track)
> Jack,
>
> I just checked out a clean edison and ran bitbake meta-ide-support. My
> env is showing export OECORE_DISTRO_VERSION="1.1". My guess is that,
> since you are not in master, then you have a TMPDIR from a master
> build, or perhaps are using something left over from one, as the only
> place DISTRO_VERSION = "1.1+snapshot-${DATE}" would be there. Prior to
> c88b991 on edison, DISTRO_VERSION = "1.0+snapshot-${DATE}". So you're
> picking that up from some prior master build. It's not an older
> version of edison as if it was an older version of edison it would be
> 1.0+snapshot-${DATE
>
> -b

Ok, this is some more debug info:

OE Build Configuration:
BB_VERSION        = "1.13.3"
TARGET_ARCH       = "arm"
TARGET_OS         = "linux-gnueabi"
MACHINE           = "qemuarm"
DISTRO            = "poky"
DISTRO_VERSION    = "1.1+snapshot-20111026"
TUNE_FEATURES     = "armv5 dsp thumb arm926ejs"
TARGET_FPU        = "soft"
meta
meta-yocto
meta-db-generic   = "edision:b4757833c3548b5ee3a1cce58e2f059b3f63cb09"

Could it be that because I have my own layer present it's skewing the
git? Should the eclipse plug-in not match 1.1*?

Could you check your file of meta-yocto/conf/distro/poky.conf for the
variable DISTRO_VERSION, it should be "1.1'.

It does indeed state 1.1.