[yocto] '…bzImage': No such file or directory when building core-image-minimal-initramfs

Richard Purdie richard.purdie at linuxfoundation.org
Sun Nov 20 02:32:00 PST 2011

On Sat, 2011-11-19 at 16:20 -0500, Jeffrey Moore wrote:
> I have a problem in  that the kernel bzImage is apparently not being
> built.  Here is my error:
> | install: cannot stat
> `/media/jwm/minimal-initramfs/tmp/sysroots/crownbay-noemgd/kernel/bzImage': No such file or directory
> | ERROR: Function 'build_boot_bin' failed
> (see /media/jwm/minimal-initramfs/tmp/work/crownbay_noemgd-poky-linux/core-image-minimal-initramfs-1.0-r0/temp/log.do_bootimg.25097 for further information)
> NOTE: package core-image-minimal-initramfs-1.0-r0: task do_bootimg:
> Failed
> ERROR: Task 9
> (/home/jeff/poky-edison-6.0/meta/recipes-core/images/core-image-minimal-initramfs.bb, do_bootimg) failed with exit code '1'
> ERROR:
> '/home/jeff/poky-edison-6.0/meta/recipes-core/images/core-image-minimal-initramfs.bb' failed
>
> My setup:
>
> vanilla, out of the box poky setup with the addition of:
>
> meta-intel layer for meta-crownbay  in the bblayers.conf
> &
> MACHINE ?= "crownbay-noemgd" in the local.conf
>
> bitbake -k core-image-minimal-initramfs
>
> If I build any other type of image such
> as: core-image-minimal-mtdutils or core-image-minimal, everything is
> fine and I get a clean build.  Any help would be appreciated.

I'm chasing a bug that looks very like this at the moment. I don't have
a proper fix for it yet but you could try and "bitbake linux-yocto -c
populate_sysroot -f" and then try and build your image again which
should work around the problem.

I'm assuming this is with master rather than the release and you might
have rm_work enabled?

Cheers,

Richard